Thursday, April 11, 2013

Review - Miss Jessie's

I never bothered trying Miss Jessie's products in the past because I thought that they were only for people with natural kinky hair (I have a relaxer). I received a sample of their Super Sudsy Slip Shampoo and Creme de la Creme conditioner in my  March 2013 Birchbox so I decided to try them. Both labels expressed that the products could also be used on chemically treated and dry hair, among other hair types. I think I am in like. The shampoo was okay, it lathered well, but left my hair feeling a little stripped after washing.


The Creme de la Creme conditioner, however, was amazing! After shampooing with the Super Sudsy Slip, I left the conditioner in my hair for about 10 minutes (the label suggests 5 - 15 minutes). If let my hair feeling super smooth after rinsing (I followed up with my normal deep conditioning masque; Keracare). I let my hair air dry over night (as I always do) and the following day my hair was still soft! I loved it so much I went to Miss Jessie's website and requested additional FREE samples. 



This time I tried the Creme de la Curl shampoo. It is a cream cleanser so it does not lather, nor does it strip you hair of moisture. Again, I am in like (even more so than the Super Sudsy shampoo). It has a nice clean refreshing smell and it was successful at cleansing my hair without stripping it.



I happened to be in Target today, and saw that they were having a deal on the Miss Jessie's products (you get a $5 giftcard with purchase!) so I went ahead and bought the shampoo.

If you are interested in trying before you buy, check out their website and request a free sample: http://www.missjessies.com/shop/Free-Samples

If you've tried their products before, let me know what you think in the comments section!

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely have to get some samples! It's really hard for me to find a good conditioner for my hair. I actually have to switch it up and currently have 3 brands/types in my shower so my hair doesn't get used to just one kind. And I also dont use shampoo at all because my hair just doesn't/shouldn't need it. Natural oils never make it down to my ends like straight hair does so I wash every 3 days and only with conditioner.

    Thank for the tip on these products. I've never even heard of them before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know how you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete